Agartala, 17 December: On Thursday, Tripura Rejyo Chakma Samajik Parishad held a press meet regarding six points demands to the government.
On 20th December 2020, Chakma Samajik Parishad will hold a peaceful democratic mass rally from afternoon 12.00 to 2.00 PM for two hours on six points demands on Chakma majority places in TTAADC areas in North Tripura's Kanchanpur, Unkaoti district, Pecharthal, Dhalai district's Longtharai Valley, Gandacherra, Gomati district's Natunbazaar, Silachari, South district's Birchandra Manu, and West District's Sadar.
Six points demands of Tripura Rejyo Chakma Samajik Parishad are-
- To declare Chakma language as a state language of Tripura along with Bengali and Kokborok.
- To approve Chakma Customary Law immediately by the government.
- Implementation of the proposal of the 105th petition committee of Rajya Sabha which was formed in 1995.
- To appoint Chakma language teachers in TTAADC areas in an initiative of the state government.
- To establish Chakma Socio-Cultural Academy.
- To immediate arrest of all the culprit who was involved in killing Pindulal Chakma at Laljuri under Kanchanpur sub-division and financial support and a government job to a family member.